Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Healthy Recipes: Mom's Mini Phyllo Berry Pastries

My mom made a yummy celebration dinner to celebrate my new teaching job (a.k.a why I have not posted in FOREVER.) Sorry about that, friends.

Anyways, to make up for it, I will be sharing the best part of her dinner (which was hard to nail down to be honest, it was delicious).  My sweet tooth decided on sharing the dessert portion with you.  Suprise, surprise, I know.

Filled with one blueberry, one raspberry, and one blackberry
(:

All you need are frozen mini phyllo pastries, whipped topping, and berries. 

Follow the phyllo pastry directions (depending on your brand), then in the middle of the already baked pastries, put in the berries of your choice.  Top with a teensy bit of whipped cream, and voila!  You must serve these immediately, though, or else they will get soggy.

Again, the nutritional information depends on what brands you use in terms of whipped topping or phyllo dough, but they should each be a bit less than 100 calories per pastry.  They are low sugar compared to regular pastries filled with fruit glazes, and are seriously adorable!  These would be absolutely perfect for a party.  They're light, flavorful, and cute.  What more could you ask for in a dessert?

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!  Thanks, Mom(:










No comments:

Post a Comment