Monday, December 1, 2014

Product Review: New Vega One Formula!



Over the summer, I got the opportunity to review some samples from the vegan protein powder brand Vega.  They came out with a new "all-in-one" protein powder that has so many great health benefits called Vega One.  This is a great supplement for those who are cutting out dairy or gluten, like those with lactose intolerance, celiac, or vegans.  Sometimes, when you have those restrictions, you have a hard time getting the nutrition you need.  This powder is a great way to fill in those gaps.  What I like about it is that I feel really great using it because of the all natural, clean ingredients.  For 160 calories per serving, you get 20 grams of protein, 6 servings of greens, 50 % of your daily recommendations of vitamins and minerals, 1.5 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids (SO good for you), antioxidants (the equivalent of 3.3 cups of blueberries), 1 billion probiotics (the equivalent of one cup of yogurt), and 25% of your daily recommendation of fiber.  I have never had a protein powder that covered so many bases, so I was really pumped for this sample.



This company asked me to review their new product before it hits shelves, and I was so excited. They mailed me a box of their french vanilla flavor.  God knows I'm a sucker for anything vanilla.  

Green smoothie without having to ravage my fridge for spinach(:

My little brother asked "Can I be in your blog?" Who could deny that face?


I used it as a nice recovery snack.  I blended it with ice, water, half of a cup of frozen strawberries, and half of a cup of frozen peaches.  It was sweet, but not overly so.   I loved that they not only improved their flavor, but it blended well.  I didn't eat after my workout until about an hour afterwards, and, by that time, my energy began to waiver.  As soon as a I drank the protein shake, I felt immensely better.  It was fruity and refreshing.  The french vanilla flavor complimented it so well!  For those who want a creamier taste (and can tolerate lactose) add some milk.  Those who cannot drink milk, I think soy or almond milk would be a great base instead of water!  I look forward to adding some frozen banana to this powder the next time I use it.  Frozen banana always makes my smoothies creamier and sweeter.

I definitely think that this new powder is worth trying!  Look out for Vega One when it comes out in January!  Here is a link for it:   http://bit.ly/newvega1


No comments:

Post a Comment