Thursday, July 30, 2015

Product Review: B Jammin Bars

Hey guys!  I am not sure if you remember awhile back I posted a review about B-Up Protein Bars.  I got the opportunity to review their new line of Protein Bar products called B Jammin.  First of all, the name is awesome; can we just take a second to recognize that?

Oh, don't worry, Scott.  I will.  Lol! PS-That sticker is going straight on my laptop to join the rest of my collection!





They all are either 180 calories or less, have around 15g of protein, high in fiber, and have natural sugar for the "jam" derived from fruit (if you look at the ingredients, you see fruit as the base).  I see this as a great pre-workout or post-workout snack. 

I will go in order of favorites in the 3 flavors they sent me.  Truly, I enjoyed all of them.  I had a hard time narrowing it down. 



PB&J

  •  PB&J
    • This was hands-down my favorite.  I needed something quick to put in my system after ending a 13 mile long run in the heat before my shower, and I wasn't quite ready for a meal.  This did the trick.  Peanut butter and jelly is my absolute favorite combination (well, anything involving peanut butter to be honest).  This flavor was the first one I wanted to try when I received my package.  I was not disappointed in the least.  It was like a mini pb&j sandwich with an extra protein boost.  I even baked it in my toaster oven for a little, and it was AMAZING.  Best of all, I felt good after eating it.  I was a little light-headed because I didn't properly fuel during my 90 degree long run, and i needed something quick with a little sugar to boost my blood sugar.  It can be difficult to choose the right snack when this happens, especially when you're not feeling well.  This was a great choice in my book.  I felt so much better.  It got my through my post-run shower before I settled down for a recovery meal.  
 
Apple Pie a la Mode
  • Apple a la Mode
    •  Initially, I decided the name is great.  "Apple Pie" is so generic.  Adding an "a la mode" makes it sound fancy, and, trust me, it's tough to make a protein bar sound fancy.  I like apple pie in general; it is my "go-to" with fruit pies.  I liked it best baked, too!  It made the delicious apple jam nice and warm, and it gave the bar a nice "crust" that really reminded me of apple pie.  I could have ruined it nutritionally with some vanilla ice cream, I suppose, but I decided against it.  Next time, I would definitely pair it with some Halo Top Protein ice cream with a nice, healthy dessert!  
Vanilla Cherry Pie

  • Vanilla Cherry Pie 
    • I had this as a pre-workout snack.  I am not a huge fruit pie person, and cherry pie isn't my favorite in general.  I actually would choose this bar over a piece of cherry pie, to be completely honest.  I find cherry pie to be overly-sweet.  I also would rather have a bowl of fresh cherries.  There's just something about the filling that I don't exactly love.  This bar had a great vanilla bar on the outside, and the jam was a nice cherry flavor.  It got me through a nice cardio-heavy lift-cardio workout.  I was really pleased with it!

I was a bit weary of the concept because I was afraid it would be too sweet with the jam, but they did an outstanding job balancing the amount of jam and bar in each package.  Neither part was overly sweet, and they worked together very well altogether as a combination. This was the first protein bar I have tried with a filling, in a sense, and this company knocked it out of the park.  This is a definite favorite for me out of all of their products.  I am contemplating a box of PB&J as we speak...

You can order online at by clicking here for their website.  They have a free shipping offer (yay!), and I definitely recommend the rest of their products, too.  Here is the link to my previous post about my last review with them.  They have come out with some new exciting flavors since then which is great that this company Yup Brands, is expanding(:

Look out for them at your local health store, too!  I'll definitely be seeking them out myself.  I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment