Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Product Review: Sunwarrior

Sunwarrior is a vegan, plant based company that specializes in not only protein but supplements that improve your overall health.  I have never tried vegan products like this, so I was curious as to how the powders and nutrition supplements would turn out.  I thought it would be a great option for my readers who are truly trying to eat clean (meaning powders with ONLY natural ingredients), have dietary restrictions (i.e. lactose intolerant, etc), or need to fit in extra nutrition, like more greens, into their diet in a simple and convenient manner. 

 

The company sent me sample packs of these products specifically: Chocolate/Vanilla Warrior Blend Protein, Chocolate/Vanilla Classic Protein, Natural Protein, Supergreens in Natural and Peppermint, Immune Sheild, and Barley. 



Vanilla Warrior Blend Protein
vanilla-blended well, especially with banana. not overly sweet. first time using rice protein
-Super greens
-mixed with 1/2 frozen berries, stevia, and half a small banana frozen
-I thought the super greens was a great supplement, especially for me!  I have a Vitamin K deficiency, so adding greens to my smoothies always helps! I thought this was a great way to not fall back on this when I am on vacation.  I have a hard time keeping up with my vitamin K, and I end up bruising when this happens.  I am glad to know about this product so I can bring it along on trips.

Vanilla Protein
-barley
-blended well, barley was added so half small banana and half cup of strawberries masked it well.  love the benefits of barley, including the fact it is a healthy carb (I love anything that helps me get my carb intake up!)
-snack

Chocolate Warrior Blend Protein

-half cup of nonfat milk, half a frozen banana, ice, water
-Peppermint greens was a great choice to make it taste like a mint-chocolate milkshake! Got a serving of greens in again! This not only added taste, but I could skip the handful of spinach or kale I usually incorporate in smoothies.
-post workout
-blended very well, the milk was a great supplement, especially post workout! It was very refreshing.
-->I would like to try coconut, soy, or almond milk sometime when I am not living with people that have nut allergies.  I think that almond or coconut would taste really great with this (which is a realistic option for those with dairy restrictions)!

Chocolate Protein
-small banana and stevia, one square of dark chocolate, along with water and ice
-sweet and refreshing on a hot summer's day/ tasted like dessert!
-immune shield
-snack

Natural Protein with Liquid Light (immune sheild)
 -snack
-stevia, water, ice, banana (frozen), and strawberries, a little bit of milk
-I was hesitant to try the liquid light, but I honestly didn't taste it with the water, ice, and banana added. The combination was delicious.   


Vanilla Protein with Greens, Banana, and Berries
Chocolate Protein with Barley

 In addition to using my recipes, Sunwarrior has a free e-book you can download that features so many recipes that can inspire you to take these supplements to the next level.  A lot of the recipes were created by celebrities, like Miranda Kerr, and they are creative twists on just plain powder.  It can help you figure out how to see what combinations of powder and nutritional supplements work for you. 

I like the convenience of nutrition most when it comes to this company.  I now know that when I am traveling, I can bring these things with me to help stay on track!  I feel like I am eating clean, natural, and healthy products when I consume it, which also would help me level out vacationing indulgences(:
 

http://www.sunwarrior.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment