Thursday, July 31, 2014

Healthy Recipes: Orange Roughy with Roasted Veggies and Trader Joes Polenta

Dinner, anyone?


Orange Roughy

Add caption

  • Make the liquid to saute the orange roughy (or any white fish) in.  My fish had been thawed previously, although it came frozen.
  • I used 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 1 tsp of garlic, and 1/2 cup of water for the liquid marinade.  
  • I salted and peppered the fish as the mixture began to heat in a large pan.
  • Once the liquid becomes hot, add the fish.  Heat on each side for about 4-6 minutes on a medium heat.  Flip once the side becomes a white color.
  • You will know the fish is done once it becomes white and flakey.  Serve immediately.  You may pour the sauce it cooked in on top. Salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Info for the Fish


Roasted Veggies
  • Use 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread it evenly on all of the vegetables.  I chose kale, onion, and bell peppers.  Salt and pepper to taste.
  • Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes (checking on it occasionally).  That's it!



Nutrition Info for the Veggies
























I chose Trader Joe's Creamy Polenta with Spinach and Carrots as a side dish, as well.  I heated it on the stove for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally as I cooked the rest of the food.  It's a great quick and healthy side dish or entree (if you choose to eat a lot of it!). Once I started cooking the fish, I began this part of the meal.
  • I like making this as a quick meal when I am at school.  It cooks nicely as an entree and tastes delicious with some avocado and a sunny-side up egg on top.  Whatever keeps me from going to the drive-thru, right?
    200 cals for 1 cup of TJ's Polenta





This was easy and light as a meal.  My entire family loved it.  It only took me 45 minutes to prep and cook (excluding the time the fish took to thaw).  Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment