Saturday, August 2, 2014

Product Review: Vega

Hi all! I wanted to share another product review on a vegan company called Vega.  I got the starter kit in order to sample their protein powders, and I was honestly impressed.  Not only was it delicious, but it fulfilled a lot of my dietary needs in one sitting.  I never even thought to look for these nutritional requirements to be satisfied in a protein powder, and I now do not look at protein powders the same.  They used to be a way for me to get my protein in while adding vegetables and fruits on my own when I blended it.  Here is a quote from the website that is short, sweet, and to-the-point when it comes to their nutrient fulfillment. 
 "Vega One Nutritional Shake is an all-in-one, plant-based supplement, packed with 50% daily intake of vitamins and minerals, protein, fibre, Omega-3, plus antioxidants, probiotics and greens."  

These products were created for vegans, whose dietary restrictions may inhibit their ability to stay healthy and get all of the vitamins, minerals, protein, and so on that they need in a day.  I appreciated the fact that it was plant-based. I like anything that gives me more veggies in my diet.  Again, those that have lactose restrictions this may be a great option for you as well!




The samples I received from Vega were as follows (here is my opinion as well as what I supplemented the powders with):

Chocolate
  • variation: half banana and berries (half cup)
  • blended well with ice and water
    • Of note: This powder had a chocolate taste that wasn't overly sweet, which I liked.  I think that a lot of powders overcompensate with sugars and artificial sweeteners to make them taste better.  This company used their plant-based ingredients, like stevia.  They incorporated just enough!
Berry
  • variation: half a banana and that's it!(:
  • Of note: I liked that they had a berry flavor; I don't usually find a lot of powders that stray from the chocolate or vanilla base.  I think that this allowed me to make a quick and easy shake on the go.  I didn't have to go crazy with the ingredients that I added.  I would save this powder for when I am close to needing to go to the store and ran out of fruit to add!










Got my greens and Vit K in without adding anything!


Vanilla
  •  This was my favorite flavor!  I'm a sucker for chocolate, but, sometimes, you can't beat plain vanilla.  It was smooth and delicious with a frozen banana added.
  • Some variations I want to try: mango, pineapple, or coconut shavings as well as the banana!  I think this would be great as a "pina colada" flavor.
This wholesome offers great products overall.  I loved the powders, and I sampling these made me curious to try their protein bars as well.  I expect them to be delicious!  Here is their website if you want to try!

http://myvega.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment