Monday, August 11, 2014

Healthy Dessert: Birthday Cookie Cake! (a Carley approved recipe)

Today is my birthday! I made some of my favorites, with some healty rennovations, so I hope you enjoyed the recipe! My family wanted to take me out, but, me being a complete weirdo, wanted to cook and stay in.  I hope you enjoy this dessert as much as I did (I ate it right out of the pan without letting it cool...cookies always taste better that way anyway).




Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup of butter (I used Bummel & Brown yogurt butter)
  • 1/4 cup of coconut oil
  • 1 large egg, 2 egg whites
  • 2 cups of whole wheat white pastry flour
  • 1 cup of dark chocolate chips (I used Lilly's 55%)
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 tsp of baking soda
  • 2 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar as a substitute)
  • 1 cup of evaporated cane sugar (or granulated white sugar as a substitute)













Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  
  2. Combine all your ingredients in a mixer or bowl (and mix well). 
  3. Transfer mixture to one large pan or two smaller circle pans (like I did).
    1. If you decide to make these into just cookies, do a spoonful of dough spaced out by 1 inch.  This will make about 3 dozen cookies.
  4. Bake for 15-25 minutes (check on the cake occasionally).  
  5. Let it cool, cut into 24 pieces, and eat up!(:
 Nutrition Info:


No comments:

Post a Comment