Monday, August 4, 2014

Healthy Recipes: Apple Pie Smoothie


I whipped up a quick smoothie after teaching spin and running out the door to do errands, and I thought I would share it with you guys!  It was quick, easy, and held me over until lunch (post-workout).







Apple Pie Smoothie
- half a medium banana (frozen is best)
-one small red apple
-one scoop of protein powder (I used Designer Whey White Chocolate)
-->sub greek yogurt or nonfat/almond/soy milk (I would do a half to full cup)
- a dash of cinnamon
-add stevia to taste if you do not find it sweet enough
-ice and water











Put all the ingredients in a blender, then find a fun straw(:

This was a great recovery snack because it was about 208 calories, 29 grams of carbs, 20 grams of sugar (all natural from the fruit), and 19 grams of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment