Thursday, August 14, 2014

Popcorn for Dessert? Yes, Please!

I bought an microwave air popper for popcorn kernels at Target today ($8.99, baby!) , and I'm more than pleased with it.  So far, I've made popcorn two ways, which I will share with you all.  One is savory while one is sweet.  I'm currently eating my sweet recipe as I write this; it's so good!  Air poppers can help you make popcorn in a cheap and healthy fashion.  You can either add oil or just pop it on its own!  Here are the two easy recipes:

The first step for both recipes is to place your popcorn kernels in your air popper for 2-5 minutes, depending on your microwave.   Then, add these ingredients.

Savory:
  • 3-4 cups of air popped popcorn
  • 1 teaspoon of olive oil
  • truffle salt (or garlic salt if you don't have it!) to taste!

Sweet:
  • 3-4 cups of air popped popcorn
  • 15 white chocolate chips
  • 30 mini dark or semi sweet chocolate chips 
    • I would melt the chips and let the drizzle cool on the popcorn for a better mix.
Popcorn is a great, fiberful snack that can be made in so many ways! You can pop it on a stovetop as well if you don't have an air popper.  I usually use olive oil or coconut oil for this.  You can even add a little bit of real butter to it (it's a healthy fat in moderation!).  Either way, this is delicious and much healthier alternative to microwavable, fake movie theater butter popcorn.  The possibilities are endless with how you dress of you popcorn, so get creative and enjoy(:

No comments:

Post a Comment