Monday, August 18, 2014

Product Review: Krush Protein Bars by Pure Fitness Nutrition

I honestly have never had a protein bar like this.  20 grams of protein, all natural products, low sugar, what else can you ask for?  I loved the consistency; they were soft and chewy, like a just-baked cookie.  They truly filled me up as a snack or a post-workout recovery treat.  I even ate them for dessert because...let's be real, a lot of the flavors basically are. 

Being a HUGE peanut butter fiend, I found that my favorite part about these bars was the slight pb taste in each bar.  They used peanuts in each bar as an ingredient, if you were wondering.  Again, these are all natural and great, clean supplements to an active or clean eating lifestyle.

Originally, I got 2 samples from this company to review, but I held off on posting my review after trying them.  I got so hooked that I waited until I got the variety pack that I purchased from them after trying the two flavors they sent me.  I liked these bars that much.

Without further ado, here is my review of each flavor! 

Birthday Cake 
  • This flavor took me off guard me entirely.  I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.  I was afraid it would be too sweet or something, like vanilla frosting.  I realized after trying it that I wanted an entire box to try because it was honestly that good.  I found that this was my favorite flavor of the pack!
  • I've eaten this as is and baked, and I keep craving it more and more!  It tastes exactly like a peanut butter cookie.  
  • Again, this flavor was the biggest surprise for me, and it is probably the reason I am so hooked on these bars in the first place! 




Raw Cookie Dough
  • This flavor rocked my socks.  Nothing is better than peanut butter and chocolate.  I honestly felt like this tasted like a peanut butter, chocolate chip cookie.  
  • I ate half of it plain to taste it (post-workout), then I took the other half and popped in in the oven to bake.  It was melty, soft, and amaaaazing.
  • Out of all of the flavors, I'd say this was a close second to the Birthday Cake.






Baked Apple Pie

  • Again, with peanuts as the base, this flavor speaks for itself.  It has chunks of real apple, cinnamon flavor, and a hint of peanut butter.  You can't beat peanut butter and apples as a combo!  This was absolutely delicious baked.



French Toast
  • I tried this flavor when I was absolutely starving and needed something to hold me over for a few hours before my next meal.  It was post-workout, too, so I needed something nutritious and filling.
    • I usually feel sick if I do not eat post-workout, let alone not eat regular meals and snacks for a few hours.  This experiment was a good judge of how filling this bar is!  The 20 grams of protein definitelly did the trick(:  I savored every bite because it was so yummy!
  • It tasted of cinnamon, a little bit of maple, and, of course, pb!

Peanut Butter Crunch
  • Nothing beats this combo!  Peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite, and this bar did not dissapoint!  I feel a lot of pb chocolate protein bars may skimp on the choclate part, but this bar definitely held up to the flavor name. 
  • This bar had a layer of chocolate, pb, a few pieces of chocolate, and some crisps for a crunchy consistency!  It was so good!




Banana Nut Chocolate Chip
  • Last, but not least, this was probably my third favorite!  There were chunks of chocolate chips, nuts, banana flavor, and, you guessed it, pb!  There is NO way you can go wrong with that combination! 
  • I tried baking this flavor too, and it was so yummy!  It worked really well with the melty chocolate.


Again,  I highly recommend this protein bar company!  They are just getting their start in the fitness/nutrition world, and I think they have a bright future ahead of them!  I look forward to their progress and will definitely be placing an order for my next box soon!

Here is their website!  I would get the variety box so you cna try each flavor(:  Enjoy!
http://www.purefitnessnutrition.com/Products/protein-bar-types/protein-bar-supplements.html

No comments:

Post a Comment