Monday, June 9, 2014

Dinner Ideas: Tilapia Taco Night!

As soon as my roommate left to go get tacos tonight, I got a huge craving for Mexican food.  Go figure.  Trying to use up the food in my apartment before I go back home for the summer is a challenge I am trying to take on this week.

I decided on fish tacos because, let's be real, nobody says "no" to fish tacos.


I searched on google and found that sarcasticcooking.com had a great template for me to work off of!





Tilapia Fish Taco Recipe

Fish:
-1 tilapia fillet (I used Trader Joe's frozen brand)
-1 tsp of olive oil
-season as desired (I used chili powder, and garlic powder/salt, pepper)
  • Directions
    • preheat the oven to 425 degrees
    • wrap in tin foil and put on in a casserole dish
    • bake for 25-30 minutes (if frozen) and check occasionally for a flake-y and white fish
      • If thawed, bake for about 10 minutes checking occasionally. 
Taco Shell:
-1 Flat Out Flatbread -- Again, trying to use what I have in my fridge already(:
  • Directions
    •  cut flatbread in half
    • place in toaster oven for a few minutes, flipping sides until warm

On the side items:
-steamed peppers
-salsa (I used Trader Joe's Salsa Authentica)

Guacamole (the laziest recipe in the world):
-Avocado (5 tablespoons)
-4 Tablespoons of salsa

Cilantro Side Salad:
-1 cup of spinach
-raw peppers
-carrots
- cucumber
-1.5 tablespoons of Trader Joe's Cilantro dressing











I usually have a fruit salad straight after dinner.  I have a huge sweet tooth, especially when it comes to fresh fruit.  Tonight's consisted of apple slices, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries(:


Sweet tooth isn't exactly satisfied yet...about to meet a friend to get froyo (frozen yogurt).  It's pretty much my favorite thing in the world.  I'll post about that later tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment