Monday, June 9, 2014

Hydration is key!

If you can do one, tiny change to improve your health, start it off with 1 glass of water as soon as you wake up.

People don't rehydrate properly throughout the day, and the more you exercise, the more water you need. It's such a simple thing, but many people forget.

According to FITNESS Magazine, the average person gets around 4 cups of water a day (and they refer to this as "a drop in the bucket").

Our bodies are composed of water. So! Rehydrate, rehydrate, rehydrate!

A few things I do to keep hydrated throughout my day:
-Start every morning with a glass of water before I do ANYTHING.
-For every dehydrating beverage I drink (i.e. coffee, wine, et cetera), I try to drink a glass of water before I refill.
-Carry a reusable water bottle to fill up whenever I can.
-Drink a glass of water before and with every meal.
-Keep a glass filled by me when I am home.
-Especially after a workout, I make sure I drink the rest of what's left in my bottle from when I refilled it completely before and then refill and drink that afterwards. If we deplete the water we have through sweat and exercise, our bodies NEED us to replenish it quickly after.
-Take small sips during workouts. Too big of gulps can aggravate the stomach.
-Sports drinks don't count. Make sure, if that is your beverage of choice during/after a workout, you don't forgo water because of it.

Have a great rest of your day and stay hydrated(;
If not, we'll end up like Spongebob.

http://spreadthehealthbu.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/spongebob2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment