Monday, June 9, 2014

Fuel Tip: Matcha Green Tea Smoothie

For early mornings, I rely way too much on coffee/caffeine in general. It isn't my favorite thing to have before a workout, though (especially an early morning one).

I suggest, for all those who have this problem too, trying a smoothie for breakfast! They provide great, quick energy, and I find that I get the quick boost I need, not to mention they're delicious.

That being said, with the warm weather coming and going, here is one of my favorite smoothie recipes I made up (pre-workout!).

Green tea smoothie:
-1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate protein powder (or sub. greek yogurt)
-ice cubes
-8 oz water or almond milk
-1 tsp of matcha green tea
-1 half or 1 frozen banana
-1 packet of stevia or tsp of agave (optional)
-1/2 cup of spinach (you won't taste it I swear)

And for those of you who aren't green tea fans, get creative(:
add berries, peanut butter, almonds, cacao nibs, anything!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! What would you substitute for almond milk if someone has a nut allergy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could use any type of milk!

      Coconut, soy, or nonfat milk can be substitutes. Coconut water or regular water is also a great liquid base as well.

      Delete