Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Food Inspiration: The Most Important Meal of the Day

Breakfast may be my favorite meal of the day.  Whether I actually eat it to "break the fast" or substitute it for lunch/dinner, I never regret this meal choice. I love making a delicious, nutritious breakfast to start out my day right.

I used to neglect breakfast, but, as an active person, I no longer can ignore the hunger pangs I wake up with every morning.  I make sure I eat a wholesome meal every morning, now.  I find that it helps me perform better in my exercise and have more energy throughout the day.

Here are some of my favorite/go-to breakfasts:

(Stovetop) Oatmeal with...
-berries
-peanut butter
-banana
-pb&j
-coconut
-almonds
-cacao nibs or dark chocolate 

Yogurt with...
-cereal (peanut butter puffins are my favorite!)
-granola
-berries/fruit
-almonds
-cacao nibs

Bagels/Toast (whole wheat/grain) with...
-Eggs (sunny side up is my favorite)
-avocado (seasoned with garlic salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and italian seasoning)
-cream cheese (measure out a tablespoon or two!)
-peanut/nut butter
-jelly (no sugar added)

Eggs (hard boiled or sunny side up usually)
-scrambled
-omelet with avocado and lots of veggies
-cheese (like feta, goat, or mozarella)
-served with a side of fresh fruit or toast!

Smoothie
-protein powder
-berries
-ice
-water or almond milk
-cacao nibs
-handful of spinach or kale
-and almost always use a frozen banana---gives it a great texture!


Have some fun with cooking your breakfast; be creative! Don't neglect the most important meal of the day(:

No comments:

Post a Comment