Monday, June 30, 2014

Fitness: Paddleboarding/Kayaking

I'm sorry for the lack of posting. I've been a bit busy(: and the internet keeps going in and out. 

As our vacation has been coming to a close, we have quite a few activities thrown our way. Yesterday, we went on a scenic (but small, lol) boat ride to go to a beach (near Lover's Beach) in Cabo to snorkel, paddleboard, and kayak. This was a great opportunity to tour, try new things, and stay active (a big thing I have been emphasizing in my latest posts). 

I tried all three things. You basically ride in this small and fast boat with the other patrons, see the sights, and stop by the beach in the middle of the ocean. Then, you jump in the water as the employee on the boat that followed supplies you with what you needed for these things. 

I wanted to paddleboard very badly because I've never tried it before (as I have already snorkeled and kayaked), and I LOVED it. My surfing lessons made it a very easy transition in terms of getting up and standing on the board. That's my theory, at least. This is a great cross-train. I worked my legs, glutes, core, and arms. I didn't get to do arms in my workout that morning but that definitely covered it!

Snorkeling wasn't too much of a workout. Normally, the swimming does the trick, but this type of snorkeling included a machine that you hold onto that propels you through the water (which was something I've never seen before). I only had ten minutes left at the end to do this so I chose the machine (for time and to satisfy my curiosity). It was pretty fun.

Kayaking was great for the arms and core as well. I enjoyed both, but I think my favorite was the paddleboarding. My dad and I may try it again later today! I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment