Sunday, June 15, 2014

Running: Training Programs for All Levels

Again, sorry for the delay in yesterday's post!  My week has been so hectic.

I recently found out I am running with the Nike Women's Running Team in the upcoming Bank of America Chicago Marathon on October 12 this year.  This has been on my bucket list, and I cannot believe I get to run it with Nike.  Let me repeat, Nike.

Clearly, I'm excited.

Anyways, while training for my half marathon races, I realized how grueling training can be.  Nobody trains the same, and the program you follow is very important. That is why figuring out a program that you can follow effectively and enjoy.  It is prime-time training season for runners beginning in Spring, so I wanted to share some programs you can follow to get ready to cross that finish line.

For all of you Novice runners out there, here are some training programs that I recommend trying out (if you're shopping around!).

The nice thing about these are that most of them are organized by type of race, level of fitness/running goals, and so on. A lot of them have applications you can download on your smartphone to take it with you wherever you go! Realize that you do not have to follow it 100% the way it is scheduled; move it around and make it work for you.  Life happens, so if you want to do your long run on Friday rather than Saturday, go for it!  Just remember to give yourself adequate rest and not stack your runs too close together (because you may risk injury).  The websites will explain how to schedule your training correctly to avoid injury and get in shape, so read them closely.

Here are the programs I recommend:

http://www.halhigdon.com/

https://www.facebook.com/nikerunning/app_269581749815664

http://www.runnersworld.com/training-plans



Happy Training(:

No comments:

Post a Comment